Late-night snack

Posted on 1:56 pm by

When you don't have any food in your fridge and you're starving at 1am, various solutions are available to you: you can hate yourself for not living in NYC or you can try to sleep and forget that you're very hungry. You can also go to Alter Simpl, a very nice Bavarian late-night restaurant. 



Of course, burger and fries is not the traditional Bavarian dish and it looks a bit like McDonald's (which could have also been a solution) but I'm a vegetarian and I wanted to try this dish. It was a Mexican veggie burger, with some French fries and a salad, and it was delicious!


These pictures were not taken when I decided to have a late-night snack with my friend Anna but when Nicolas (one of ours friends) came to visit us last week. And like I said, the veggie burger was so good that I wanted to eat it one more time! Nicolas opted for this traditional Berlin street food, the Currywurst.




And the very famous Apfelstrudel for dessert.


Did I also mention that the prices were good? The Currywurst costs about 5€, the veggie burger about 9€ and the Apfelstrudel costs less than 5€. I'd recommend Alter Simpl if you're looking for genuine Bavarian food in an atmospheric restaurant. Even for a beer on the terrace, it's perfect! I don't really know at what time the kitchen closes but the place is open until 3am during the week and until 4am on the weekends. 




Alter Simpl
Türkenstr. 57
80799 München

Tags :

1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. Amazing restaurant! Will come there for sure! The Currywurst is very good and the Weisswurst also. A place to eat :)!

    ReplyDelete